Sunday, May 28, 2006

'Food for thought



This is a cover Jim Mahfood did for an old issue of Polyhedron. It's what sold me on the RPG D20 Modern, even though I've since more-or-less given up on RPGing. I find 'Food's art to be fairly inspiring to me, and as odd as it is to say, I think my life's changed for the positive thanks to Jim Mahfood.

Yeah, I know, that's really messed up, but it's actually encouraged me to explore places and things that'd I'd never really considered to go. For example, thanks to 'Food, I discovered Deltron 3030 and DJ Shadow. I got back into indie comics with his art on the first two Clerks. comics. I also caught the creative bug again, which I hope won't go away this time.

Lots of stuff.

So, yeah, I owe a lot to this artist that I've never met, and probably never will. I feel like some oddball fanboy to admit this, seeing as I'm talking about a comic book creator, but it's true.

So, I've giving this shout out in tribute to the guy who through his funnybooks broadened my horizons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home