Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Here it comes

So, I've now had my first hit linked directly to the review below. I've been editing the review live today, so it's now close to being what I want it to be. I'm going to add one last clarification to the review, and that will be it. What I'm about to say isn't for the majority of you, as you're mature enough not to take comments on a film you like personally, it's for the juvenile cretins that linger on certain message boards who are threatened when people's opinions differ from their own.

If you don't agree with my review, that's fine. I just don't want to hear about the errors of my way, I don't want to get flooded with e-mail explaining why my opinion is wrong, and I definitely don't want to get monosyllabic support for it. If you want to counter my review, write your own and post it to your own blog or any one of the various kaiju fan sites out there. It's your opinion, and it's just as unimportant as mine.

If you believe that Gojira is the best film ever produced, then more power to you. I don't, but that's really not important.

The truth of the matter is that, in time, my opinion might just change. The reality might just be that all the fan hype has soured the film for me just like it has soured my opinion of fandom in general. (ie. the whole 'fandumb' thing.) In time, I may just find the film to be the classic that people say it is, but that time is not now.

One day, I may just pop in the DVD and 'get it' in a way that I didn't today. It might not happen either, to be fair, but if it does happen... it happens. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, and I frankly hope that none of you do either. Like I said, my opinion is unimportant to your enjoyment of the movie. If it were, then I seriously suggest some therapy, as I really shouldn't matter at all.

In closing, Gojira was an inarguable milestone in film history, but it was one that I didn't happen to like, and the world won't end because of it. That said, I'm once again not going to allow comments, as I know there'll be some idiot out there that just wants to flame me, and I refuse to reward asshattery.