Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Back with a Media Rundown

Well, things are back to normal-ish. My dad's doing well, and was apparently up and walking around today. He's out of the ICU, and might actually be back sooner than originally estimated. At the same time, I had one of my worst ever days on Thursday, and here's what I wrote over at a message board I frequent:
... it was a hell of a day. Myself, my uncle, and my (soon to be) brother-in-law needed to come back to Paris to take care of some stuff, so we decided to head out at mid-afternoon. (Approx. 2:30.) It took us around 2 hours to drive 5 city blocks onto the Gardiner Expressway, where we proceeded to break down not 10 minutes after getting on to it.

At rush hour, in a blizzard...

It took us forever to get CAA on the phone, and we actually had to get a tow from a truck that happened upon us. It looked like our transmission went (the puddle under the car was a dead give-away), and we thought we were screwed, as we really can't afford to drop in a new tranny. (Nor, really, a 100km tow back home.)

It took us another couple of hours to get to a Canadian Tire, and when we got there they almost turned us away because they don't do transmissions. We just needed them to have a look at it, and the weirdest thing is that other than being nearly completely out of fluid, there didn't seem to be a thing wrong with it. We couldn't even find a sign of a small leak. We were due for an oil change, so we got that done, and then we were off.

We stopped for food, and hit the highway at 8pm. It should normally take us 20 to 30 minutes, tops, to get from the hospital to where we ate. It took us 5.5 hours, and about 300 bucks.
Anywho, I'm back at work now (well, not now...), and the car is working fine. I've spent a few days resting and consuming media, so here's a media rundown.

Watching: DVD- Godzilla vs. Hedorah and Super Inframan. TV- Heroes, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, Supernatural, The Dresden Files, and Jericho.
Listening (to)- Mos Def, misc MP3s, and various Coast to Coast shows.
Reading- Storm Front by Jim Butcher, and True20 Adventure Roleplaying.
Playing - Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Darkwatch, Tomb Raider: Legend, and Destroy All Humans 2.

The rest and media catch-up time was well needed, as I attempted to get back to work on Saturday, but I was way too exhausted to work. Today, though, things seem back to normal and my energy levels are up again. That said, I'll leave it at that and go grab some shut-eye.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home