Friday, June 09, 2006

I think I'm flattered

Wow, if my deductive skills are as honed as I delusionally hope they are, I believe that Anne Galloway of purselipsquarejaw.com has paid this little waste of time a visit. I'm utterly flattered, and more than a little embarrassed, considering how inconsequential this place is. My deduction is based on the fact that someone in Ottawa did a search of Technocrati for listings which contained her URL. Mind you, in this case, 2+2 could be giving me 12.

I gushed about Jim Mahfood earlier, but Anne Galloway is another person who inspires me. While 'Food is the creative side of things, she's the intellectual/academic side of things. To explain why I find her work, and thoughts, inspirational is hard for me to explain. Mainly because I don't 100% understand it myself, but it all spins out of my interest in post-modernist theory, virtual communities and social anthropology. All of which I'm firmly attached to my armchair with.

As an aside, I've got people (whom I suspect I don't know) specifically Googling me now.

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Yup - it's me! And it's always nice to come across comix fans :-)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Well now, all I've got to say to that is keen. :)

I've been a little... okay, a lot on the content light side of things since I did my reboot, but I'm happy that 'someone of note' has come across this place.

As an aside, my friend who introduced me to PLSJ is officially jealous. You were sort of an inspiration for her when she was studying Anthro at York.

Anywho, thanks for stopping by.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Oh, the 'sort of inspiration' point is always wonderful to hear! Thanks so much, and I'll be back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home