Friday, December 08, 2006

Fandom Wank

Since my hate of fandom knows no limits, I present Fandom Wank, which is one of the single most ironic sites on the web. Y'see, they're anti-fandom wankery, but all they are is another form of fandom wankery. Fan wankery is when fandom gets off on itself, and we're talking the uglier side of fan entitlement. (Which is when fans think they're entitled to something extra just because they're fans.)

Basically, the irony lies in that these are fans who think they're superior to other fans, which is also a form of fan wankery. Granted, I'm guilty of a lot of the same stuff, but unless I really need to do it, I don't go as far as these folks when it comes to pointing and laughing. Mind you, the folks behind FW do seem to be actively aware of the irony involved as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home