Saturday, May 05, 2007

As you may have noticed

I rotate the quote that's at the very foot of this column. Right now, it's a quote from Grindhouse. Previously, it's been the oft quoted "No matter where you go, there you are" made famous by Buckaroo Banzai, a Grant Morrison quote about the leveling effect of the internet, an Anais Nin quote, and various examples of HK subtitles.

With that said, part of my is thinking about changing it to something like "Vomiting slightly in my mouth on a daily basis" as a commentary on how I feel about the world these days. This thought has soured me a little on the nature of my blog, as have Denis McGrath's words about net identity. (At least I think it was his words.)

I'm not going to rant about politics today. I'm not going to poke fun at celebutards. I'm not going to be intentionally ironic. I'm just going to try to take the week off. (I might do some light posting of stuff I want indexed here, but no real content from me.)

This week, I turn 36 and change jobs. I go from slacker manchild, to actually doing something with myself. I need to parse this transition to get over my innate fear of getting on with my life, and well, making the funny on a blog isn't going to cut it for me.

I'm not quitting the blog, at least I don't think I am, I'm just re-evaluating it. Starting this week, potentially, I'll be representing something different in my professional life, and being a mouthy geek with a chip on his shoulder won't be particularly helpful to me. I might retire this place, and then start-up something different. Something less pointless, and something more constructive.

Then again, I could just get over myself and keep going with this place.

Who knows? I sure as hell don't.

(Which is ironic, seeing as that I'm agnostic and not sure that there even is a hell.)

Anywho, it's sunny outside, and I've been inside for too long.

Later folks.

And, no, just to reiterate- I am not closing the site, or signing off for good. I think I'm going to sit out on the porch, and read a book or something. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home