Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stanton Friedman might be real

In this post from a while back, I called UFOlogist Stanton Friedman "a snake oil salesman who knows there's a market for his stories", and I'm going to recant that. Well, the part about being a snake oil salesman, as he does know there's a market for his stories.

I think my issue with Friedman is that he's a little overzealous, or maybe over-enthusiastic might be a better term, with the topic of UFOs. Granted, it's how he makes his modest living, and that showmanship is a good thing for public speaking, but it feels like there's blinders attached somewhere. I guess you could say that I'm skeptical of his enthusiam, that his belief comes off as somewhat disingenuous, that it's there for show.

That said, I don't know the guy, and really shouldn't judge him that way unless I spend some time with him. Which would be neat, but unrealistic. So, from here on, in fairness, I'm neutral towards the man.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home