Monday, July 02, 2007

Well, that was a quiet Canada Day

I spent most of the day either sleeping, or watching DVDs, and I'm not ashamed to say it. Well, okay, the reason for that is that I haven't exactly been well the past few days, but still...

Anywho, I think I shall return to doing my DVD capsule reviews in the near future, as I've watched a few notable ones. Most notable would be Land of the Dead, which was far better than most of the fanboys would admit it was. Sure, it was more of an action/SF flick with zombies, but you can only do things a certain way for so long. I for one was glad that he took this approach, as his last foray into zombies was absolutely terrible. This time he had a budget, and a decent enough cast, which made all the difference. I'm looking forward to his low-budget Diary of the Dead, which he's working on now. That one sounds interesting, and pretty experimental for Romero.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home