Friday, June 22, 2007

Some days you just want to give up

Got the call today. The work contract is over as of today. No advanced warning. Just BANG! the afternoon team is turfed. I blame the agency more than the company, as they weren't particularly forthcoming with reliable information. I didn't even know it was a temp contract until I actually started work. My fault, I know, but the agency stated that it was ongoing, and only when asked directly, after the fact, did they say it was temporary for the summer. Apparently, the summer is three weeks long.

Anywho... I'm sick, tired and taking the rest of the day off.

The job search can resume Monday.

Update on Monday: Still sick, still tired, and blaming the company now. The timing reeks of a corporate culling, as you know, the vast majority of layoffs and firings occur on a Friday as there's a much lower chance of their being any sort of confrontation.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home