Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Spaced out

(Yeah, that was lame, but it's the best I could come up with in my current condition.)

So, I bought this yesterday:
I also did a marathon of it, and now I'm hungover from it. It's so good, but it's also pretty emotionally draining as it really echoes my life in a number of ways. Rather than identifying with one or the other, I'm more of a mix of both Tim & Daisy, and I've been where they've been to. What's unfortunate, is that instead of happy turnaround that occurs, I ended up being forced to move back to Paris, where I am today. So, Spaced is a bittersweet experience for me, hence the hangover.

I do, however, whole-heartedly recommend the series to anyone who connects with Kevin Smith movies. Smith himself sums up the series in his cover quote: ‘Spaced’ is kinda like watching a Kevin Smith film if Kevin Smith had any real talent.”

A review from the Kansas City Star actually sums things up quite well, but ends sort of... abruptly. The best thing about the series is that it has the comedy pace of something like Family Guy or The Simpsons, but remains (mostly) grounded in reality. If you loved the movies Shaun of the Dead and/or Hot Fuzz, then you'll love this series.

DVD Talk review.
Official web site.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home