Friday, March 30, 2007

And I still haven't seen the movie yet....

So, I keep reading commentary about the movie 300, and I keep hearing the various sides argue about the movie being a neo-con love letter and such. After reading of the crap storm, and knowing the basic story of the film and comic, I'm trying to figure it out. It's become pretty obvious that people are projecting their own beliefs into the film, and then are getting upset when they're called on it. Flatly denying it, I may add, and ignoring any and all historical references.

My question on this is a simple one: exactly when the hell did I stop being a knee-jerk liberal? I mean, the commentary from the so-called left wing is absolutely looney. This thread from RPGnet just sums up all the idiocy, from all sides, about the film.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home