Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Work weirdness

So, I'm doing contract work for a company here in Paris called Roadware, Inc. and it's sort of a learning experience. Obviously, there's me learning the job, but I'm also learning other things related to the job.

First up, my job title is apparently Data Analyst. I suppose this is apt, as I am analysing data, but I'm basically doing QC on the automated processes. What this means is that I'm drawing lines on photos. All that said, Data Analyst sounds spiffy enough for resume fodder.

Secondly, I apparently have an extension. Where this magical extension is, I have no idea, but I have an extension. Combined with that, I have no idea how to get to the voice mail for magical extension, as the extension has an invisible phone.

Thirdly, I have corporate e-mail already. This is all sort of overwhelming for a job that I didn't have until Monday morning, and knew little of until I actually sat at one of the work stations.

That said, I do have to admit that my job is fairly interesting, if a little boring. (Yeah, I know, that doesn't really make sense.) It's a short term contract, for the summer from what I understand, but it is one that's going to look good on the resume. Or, at least, seem to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home