Saturday, July 14, 2007

Media rundown and other stuff

Nothing really to report, enjoying the time off.

Watching: Appleseed (2004), Appleseed (1988), Gatekeepers vol. 1-4, Transformers the Movie, Transformers, The Da Vinci Code, Zeiram 2, Land of the Dead, Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society, Ghost in the Shell, Desert Punk vol. 1, Speed Grapher vol. 1, Fastwalkers, Shooter, and the first 3 episodes of Burn Notice.
Listening (to): Yoko Kanno's Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society soundtrack, various Coast to Coast AM shows, and random MP3s.
Reading: UFO Retrievals by Jenny Randles, Ex Machina: The First Hundred Days by Brian K. Vaughan and Tony Harris, and Global Frequency by Warren Ellis and others.
Playing: Transformers, LEGO Star Wars 2, and Phantasy Star Universe.

My unemployment will soon be temporarily over, so I'm trying to enjoy the time off, and I'm weighing things. I'm considering taking a management position at Blockbuster, but I'm not sure I really want to get into that. I've been trying to plow away at my writing, but my writer's block keeps pushing itself forward. I guess that's what I get when I have two screenplays and a novel floating around in my head, battling for supremacy.

Also, as an aside, you absolutely must see the new series Burn Notice. Imagine The Equalizer, but younger, mixed with the tone of Get Shorty and co-starring Bruce Campbell. It's great fun, and destined to be cancelled before it's time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home