Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm still trying to figure this one out

Okay, I'm now getting somewhere in the ballpark of 100 hits a day on an article I wrote a year ago. Basically, the article was an observation that Asian cosplayers seemed to be better at it than white ones.

According to this blog, which was the only link I could find besides my own, my comments were hate on Western cosplayers. Um, okay, whatever. There's some mocking, some self-deprecation, and statement of personal choice but there was no "hate". If you enjoy playing dress-up, knock yourselves out, but don't delude yourselves into thinking that it's not playing dress-up and is really some form of sublime self-expression. I play RPGs, which is playing make-believe with dice and little figures, and I'm not above admitting it as such. It's fun, I like it, and it does no harm. Same goes with cosplay, except that it's far more public, and far more likely to inspire laughter from others when failure occurs. If you can't take it, then don't participate in it, and for God's sake don't post it on the internet for millions to see.

Anywho, since that post was only from a week ago, I'm still at a loss as to where all these hits are coming from, and why. I'm guessing that it's from Google Images, as there seems to be a link hidden in there somewhere, but I'm at a loss to explain why Google is indexing me so high.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger kurohiko said...

Sorry about that... ^^; I didn't mean it that way. I remembered having a tough time trying to get over the criticism from people who said my blog was racist...

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Jason said...

No worries. I just found it odd, that's all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home