Thursday, October 11, 2007

Moments in time

I had two moments today.

They were quiet, little moments, but moments none the less.

The first moment was seeing the only genuine and honest moment of the Ontario election campaign. It was Howard Hampton talking about his late father, and how this was the first election in 41 that his father didn't take part in. That moment, one of absolute and genuine honesty, was easily the most memorable part of the election. I now have a modicum of respect for Hampton, which is more than I can say for the other candidates.

The other moment was in Chapters this afternoon. I saw the book Rebel Without a Crew, which is Robert Rodriguez' production journal for his film El Mariachi. It was at that moment, I realized that I actually do have a hero, and it's Rodriguez. Prior to that, I didn't think that I could point to a single person as a hero, and now I realize that I can point to two. Rodriguez, and writer William Gibson. Those two guys are my inspiration in life, and that sort of lifted my spirits this week.

Again, they're quiet, small moments, but they have changed me just a little today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home