Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Media rundown

Yeah, no real content again, except for my anti-geek mini-rants. So....

Watching: Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle, The Mist, I Am Legend, Soylent Green, The Omega Man, Doctor Who season 4.1, Battlestar Galactica season 4.1, and The Spectacular Spider-Man. Plus, on the slate, in no particular order: Supernatural season2, 36 Chambers of Shaolin, Fearless, 3 Extremes, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Frailty, Saw, Interview with the Vampire, J.S.A. - Joint Security Area, Onmyoji, The Twilight Samurai, Royal Space Force - Wings of Honneasmise, War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave, Day Watch, and Southland Tales.

Listening (to): Portishead Third, Coast to Coast AM MP3s, Star Wars: Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell audioplay, ATSMix podcasts, and the most recent Order 66 podcast.

Reading: Lots of Star Wars stuff (books, comics & RPG supplements) in preparation for my upcoming Star Wars Saga Edition game.

Playing: Metal Gear Solid and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters.

Spending stupid amounts of money on: Star Wars Minis, a Chessex (96246) battlemat, a new HP Deskjet F4135 All-in-One to replace my dead HP Deskjet 3420, and wet erase markers. (I really need some Vis-a-Vis markers, but they are scarce in these parts.)

I'm both jazzed and terrified by the prospect of running this Star Wars game. I'm jazzed because it's the first time I've gamed in years, and I'm on a big Star Wars kick. I'm terrified because it's the first time I've ran a game in years, and I'm still weak on the Saga Edition rules. Well, I probably know them better than I believe, but I wish I could have a test drive before my test drive. The adventure has been easy enough to work on, as it's the Gencon game from 2005 for the Serenity RPG. Since I'm using the Dark Times era, the 'Verse fits in quite well, with a handful of tweaks.

I'm also jazzed and terrified that I'm borrowing an existing gaming group. Jazzed, because we don't have to worry about getting know each other. Terrified, because they are an existing gaming group with existing gaming group continuity. I sort of feel like an ass with my e-mailings, as I keep missing out on in-jokes and such. I'm sure they don't mind, but it does get to me a little.

Here's hoping that work doesn't ruin the day for me.

(As an aside to Mary, my Amazon Wishlist is up-to-date again.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home