Thursday, December 21, 2006

Probably the second last media rundown of the year, and a little reflection

Okay, enough with the preamble.

Watching: A Scanner Darkly and copious amounts of the free G4TechTV preview.
Listening (to): The Akira soundtrack, Gary Jules, Deltron 3030, and Handsome Boy Modeling School.
Reading: Akira, oddly enough.
Playing: Final Fantasy XII, Psychonauts, Shadow Hearts: From the New World, Aeon Flux, Dark Angel, and I completed Gun in about 8 hours one day.

This time around, yeah, I have been playing a lot of games. Need the sanity boost to survive the holiday shopping season (of which, and the for the record, mine is done) as it, combined with the cold that just won't go away, is making this a more stressful time than it usually is for me.

Normally, I hate this time of year. It brings out the worst in people, and that really starts to eat away at you when working retail. You know that they're not angry at you, but sometimes they don't realize that. I've had a shouting match with a co-worker, who really did need a smack upside the head,but I'm still not too proud of the whole event. It's just that this year's probably been my hardest one, in memory, to deal with. There's the above reasons combined with shuffles at work, plus my dad's health, my family's financial situation, and Mary's current batch of medical issues. (And my inability to get in touch with her is doubly stressful. I'm either too sick to try, or when I do, I can't reach anybody.)

I'm doing reasonably well, but I do feel more alone than I have in years past. I usually have Mary to talk to, but I don't this time around, and I'm still not comfortable talking this stuff over with the folks at work. I'll get by, that much I know, but it's a little more obvious that there's something wrong this time around.

Anywho, that's that. Off to bed I go.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home